Why should you be actively collecting customer reviews?
People by nature, are inclined to leave negative customer feedback. If you don't ask your customers for reviews, chances are, most if not all of your organic reviews will be negative.
Customers like to be convinced by those who are already convinced.
If your "convinced" customers are only discouraging your potential ones, chances are, they won't come close.
88% of online shoppers incorporate reviews into their purchase decision.
And that's just one statistic.
Leave no stone unturned. Ask each and every one of your customers to leave a review and use it for measuring customer satisfaction, killing two birds with one stone.
In this fast-paced digital age, yesterday's news is already old news. By consistently asking for online customer reviews, you keep the conversation around your business fresh, fuelling credibility, increasing authenticity, trust and much more.
Here are 10 customer review statistics to emphasise the importance of customer feedback and get you collecting reviews immediately:
- Site visitors who interact with both reviews and customer Q&As are 105% more likely to purchase while visiting, and spend 11% more than visitors who don’t interact with your user generated content
- Star rating is the number one factor used by consumers to judge a business
- 44% of consumers say a review must be written within one month to be relevant
- 68% say positive reviews make them trust a local business more
- 43% of consumers search a business by reviews at least one time per month
- Only 14% of consumers would consider using a business with a one of two star rating
- 94% of consumers would use a business with a four star rating
- Reviews are especially important for local searches as they influence up to 10% of the ranking
- Reviews produce an average of 18% uplift in sales
- If a business resolves its issue quickly and efficiently, 95% of unhappy customers return to your business
If used correctly, actively collecting customers reviews have the power to enhance your customer service, product development and marketing plans.
They can help you gauge where your customers are on the happiness scale and while doing so lets your potential customers know that they too can be part of the conversation.
Reach out to your trusted Account Manager and we will get you started on a stable review collection schedule.
Here's to some happy collecting!
NOTE: All stats sourced from iPerceptions, Local Ranking Factors, Vendasta, BrightLocal, Business2community, Bazaarvoice, webrepublic, reprevive, Econsultancy, business2community, Reevoo and Social Media Today.